Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Analysis, Development And Scope By Delveinsight
DelveInsight’s “Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast-2026” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
Recent developmental activities in Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment market
- According to DelveInsight, the Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment market will increase at a CAGR of 5.96 percent during the forecasted period from 2021 to 2026, to reach USD 3.11 billion by 2026.
- In October 2021, NIDEK CO LTD. launched the Retina Scan Duo 2, a combined OCT and fundus camera system. The system comes equipped with new features designed to enhance screening and clinical efficiency, in addition to user-friendly features that were incorporated from the previous model.
- In October 2021, iCare USA received the 510k approval from the US Food and Drug Administration for their EIDON Ultra-Widefield Lens module which is capable of capturing 120 degrees images of the retina in a single shot or in mosaic function mode, images up to 200 degrees.
- In June 2021, Konan Medical Inc. received the 510k approval from the US FDA for their CellCheck 20 rc software program which is intended to be used with the specular microscope XVII.
For more insights into Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market, get the snapshot of the key highlights entailed in the Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Report
Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Overview
Ophthalmic Imaging is the use of specialist equipment to create detailed images to support the diagnosis and treatment of a range of eye conditions. Various common procedures carried out include;
- Optical Coherence Tomography- A non-invasive diagnostic test which uses a low powered laser to scan and image the inner layers of the retina. OCT can help diagnose various eye diseases such as age related macular degeneration, macular oedema and glaucoma.
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA) and Indocyanine Green Angiography (ICG)- A process used to detect abnormalities in the retinal and choroidal layers of the inner eye.
- Fundus Photography- Using special cameras, ophthalmic imaging technicians are able to produce detailed photographs of the inside of the eye.
- Anterior Segment Photography- The outer areas of the eye may require photography to document changes and/or treatment to the eyelid, cornea, iris, lens and sclera.
- Corneal Topography and OCT- The imaging and mapping of the cornea. This can aid the clinician when diagnosing, planning, and recording conditions related to the cornea.
The demand for ophthalmic imaging equipment is primarily being boosted by the rising prevalence of diabetes and growing geriatric population base which has resulted in the increased prevalence of ocular diseases of different etiologies, increasing number of image-guided surgeries, and technical innovation in product development which are expected to increase in the product demand thereby contributing in the growth of the ophthalmic imaging equipment market during the forecast period from 2021-2026.
Interested in knowing how the Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market will be growing by 2026? Click to get a snapshot of Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Analysis
Geography Wise- Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment s Market Analysis
The Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment market is analyzed geographically for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. Among all the regions, Asia-Pacific is expected to account for the significant market share in the ophthalmic imaging equipment market. Because of the high prevalence of diabetes, the presence of a large patient population suffering from ocular diseases, and the increasing focus on the improvement of healthcare infrastructure in various countries throughout the region, APAC is expected to have the fastest growth in the ophthalmic imaging equipment market.
According to World Health Organization estimates, a projected 596 million individuals globally have distant visual impairment in 2020, with 43 million being blind. Furthermore, according to World Economic Forum estimations, the APAC region’s GDP has climbed from USD 15,133.08 billion to a predicted GDP of 30,280.20 billion by 2024. The growth in GDP reflects the region’s increased disposable income, which will improve the spending power of customers, including healthcare services. In China, for example, in addition to the three-tier eye care network of the provincial municipality, the county-township-village three-tier eye care network is also being established to ensure access to eye care at the basic level.
By Product Type
- Optical Coherence Tomography Systems
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems
- Fundus Cameras, Slit Lamps
- Corneal Topography Systems
- Specular Microscopes
- and Others
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- and Others
By End User
- Specialty Clinics
- and Others
- North America
- Rest of the World
Get a sneak peek at the Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment market dynamics @ Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Drivers Analysis
Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Segment Analysis
In the product segment of the Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market, the Ophthalmic Coherence Tomography-based imaging equipment is expected to hold a significant share in the ophthalmic imaging equipment market in the forecast period. This can be attributed to the advantages of OCT over older methods namely scan speed, non-invasive nature, and the generation of the three-dimensional data. Unlike conventional angiography methods based on fundus photography or scanning laser ophthalmoscopy (SLO), OCT-Angiography techniques provide depth information and allow the isolation of all the vascular layers of the retina and the selected choroidal layers.
Additionally, the development of newer OCT devices- such as spectral-domain OCT, tens of thousands of A-scans can be acquired each second, which enables true 3-D imaging a routine practice. Consequently, 3-D OCT is now in wide clinical use and has become the standard of care. Therefore, the constant technological advancements coupled with added advantages of the OCT imaging equipment among other product types is expected to boost the growth of the ophthalmic imaging equipment market.
Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Scope
Study Period: 2018-2026
Key Companies: ZEISS Group, Leica Microsystems, CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS EUROPE B.V., Optovue, Incorporated, Heidelberg Engineering Inc, NIDEK CO., LTD, Luneau Technology Group, OPTOPOL Technology Sp. z o.o., Sonomed Escalon, Keeler, Konan Medical USA, Inc., TOMEY CORPORATION, Rexxam Co. Ltd., HAAG-STREIT GROUP, Essilor Instruments USA Ltd, Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems, Costruzione Strumenti Oftalmici, Topcon Corporation, HAI Laboratories, Inc., Centervue SpA and others.
Segmentation: By Product Type, By Application, By End User and By Geography
Geography Covered: North America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, Rest of the World (Middle East, Africa, and South America)
Know more about which MedTech player is set to emerge as the trendsetter @ Key Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Companies
Table of Contents
- Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Report Introduction
- Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Executive Summary
- Regulatory and Patent Analysis
- Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Key Factors Analysis
- Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market
- Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Layout
- Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies
- Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Market Company and Product Profiles
- Project Approach
- KOL Views
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Learn more about the Pre filled Syringes @ Ophthalmic Imaging Equipment Regulatory And Patent Analysis
DelveInsight Business Research is a leading Market Research, and Business Consultant focused purely on Healthcare. It helps pharma companies by providing them with end-to-end services to solve their business problems.
Get hold of all the Pharma and healthcare market research reports on our market research subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Ankit Nigam
State: New York
Country: United States